FREE Consultation

Enforcement of Divorce Decree & Child Support Awards

In Texas, a divorce decree is a court order which can and will be enforced by the court. When a party to a divorce has failed to abide by the terms of the divorce decree, the other party to the divorce can petition the Court who entered the original order to enforce its order. Parties can file a lawsuit to enforce a divorce decree or other court order if any provision of the order has been violated; however, the most common violations are the following:

When an enforcement action is filed, the Court is free to enforce its order as the Court sees fit, however, most Courts ultimately enforce their orders with a monetary penalty or jail time. If you need a lawyer to pursue an enforcement action for you, or defend against one, the Law Offices of Sue Berkel can assist you. Call 512 689-8733 for a free consultation or email us at